Thursday, February 26, 2009

I learned to Embrace my Invisibility. Then you came and Saw me.

Yeah, I know I broke my song lyric chain, but that works perfectly for this. And I might use it in one of my songs. So shut up. It counts.

I've been feeling slightly (...ok, a little more than slightly) ignored lately. I'll be talking to one person, and another person will be there and the first person will say off and then the other person will say something, and then they'll walk off and my previous role in the "conversation" is pretty much forgotten. I'm like a medium; conversations pass through me. I can name at least twice this week when that's happened, but I will not go into detail about that unless you ask.
Almost all of my friends have done this at one point or another (some less than others, some WAY less than others), and I guess I've just kinda learned to accept it. But it still hurts and bothers me that I don't seem to be good enough to talk to for some people who dare call themselves friends of mine.

Seriously, why?
Why am I such a wuss? Why is *insert [you all know what] name here* so...so...great? He's the only freakin person I can think of over the age of 11 that I talk to on a regular basis who's never done this to me before (family included), and that's really sad. If anyone tries to talk to him while he's talking to me, he'll kinda acknowledge them, and talks to them a LITTLE if and only if that's what it takes to make them shut up/go away, and then he'll start talking to me again. He even noticed when we sat at his lunch table today, dammit. He looked up at me and he smiled and waved. He's sweet...
It's sweet-Acknowldegement. Value.

2 comments:

  1. srry if i've done that.

    plus i usually just NOT talk to you when you're talking to ______ for that reason lqtm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. s'okay. @ least u have the guts 2 apologize

    XD thanks. a lot. what's lqtm?

    ReplyDelete